I guess today is your big day. Funny, how just a short time ago it was me standing there next to you. Next to you at that very same hanger, at that very same table. It was me holding your hand through every bad moment. Every failed attempt. Every disappointment. I often wonder if you ever think about me. Its been awhile, but I sometimes think about you. I think about how I was the one who never gave up. How through every single stressful day I was there to hold your hand and fluff your ego back up. You put me through the ringer, but I stayed. I think about how just as my suspicion grew hot, you tipped your hat and left me alone. You left me as your life was falling back into place. Im so happy I got to be there for the five shitty years of your failed career just to be left empty, and alone just as you met her, and her family to support you. I hope when the bad days come back you put her through exactly what you put me through. I hope that when you cry, she trembles because she doesn't know what to do to make you feel better. I guess she should have payed more attention when I was giving her the details on how you liked to be held in a crisis. So on your big day, the day I single handedly helped you create, I hope that you think of me, and that you are left completely breathless. I hope the image of her sitting below you brings you to your knees knowing it's not me. Its not me. The one who picked you up every single time you fell. The one who proof read every single thing you wrote. The one who stayed awake with you. The one who came to every meeting, and cheered you on even when you were to nervous to let me in the room. The one who sat there in silence watching you push me aside for the millionth time.  I hope that today, on your big day, you look at the monster beside you and see nothing more than what she is. A reflection of you. So on your BIG DAY, I wish you nothing. I wish you nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog