I haven't had a bad night like this in awhile. I haven't had the tears come up in so long, I almost forgot how to push them back down. I thought that by now I would be completely over it, and you, and us. It's hard to admit not only to myself, but to the people around me that I am not. Most days I do feel better. But tonight, im alone for the first night in a long time. Like alone in a house. I couldn't help but go through some of our photos today. How did we look so happy? I have this dull ache inside me that sometimes still screams for you. You broke my heart into a million little pieces and I am trying so hard to put them all back together. It's a hard thing to do when sometimes I can still picture what you feel like. I wish none of this happened. I wish that it was a normal break up. I wish we didn't hate each other because honestly I know that deep down, I don't hate you. I call your voicemail sometimes, just so I can hear you say your name. The two seconds where I hear your voice makes my insides burn. I feel like I am on fire. It seriously is still hard to breathe when I hear about you. I don't want to hate each other. I want to remember the good things. I want to pretend you didn't do anything bad. I want to pretend it just happened. I want you to be the person I fell in love with years ago. I don't want to feel so empty anymore. I want the pain to stop. I want the numbness to go away. I want to be with him, and not be thinking about you. I want to be touched and not criticize how it doesn't feel quite right. How I don't fit in their arms as well as yours. I remember everything. I remember how you looked when you fell asleep. How you always had one part of you touching me. I remember the sounds you made. I remember the bad stuff too, but on nights like tonight I seem to forget it all. I only remember the person I know--knew. Tonight my heart is aching so bad I cannot catch my breath. Tonight I will hear you say your name on the phone you blocked me on. Tonight, I'll pretend you are the same person I used to know. Because tonight, I just can't hate you.
Here we are again, old friend. Look at us, back here where we thought we would never be again. Regardless, here we are. Sitting outside alone talking to too many guys, about things we know we don't care about, hoping that they distract--numb us for a little while. But here we are again, silly us, keeping the distant memories of our past ticking like a bomb in the back of our minds, ready to explode without any warning. Yup, here we are again. Back to square one, but this time let's try and make the best of it. You know, as well as me that you're going to be hurting for awhile. But you also know as well as me, that we will get through this. again. again. again. For the millionth time, over the same asshole that put us back inside this tiny box for the very, I repeat, very last time. Let's forget about him cheating on you with your friend. Lets forget about her, and every single memory she came with. Let's start over together. Let's fall in love with ourselv...
Comments
Post a Comment