I think the best feeling is when you find yourself in the stillness of the morning, with no one around, but you don't feel alone. It's been a really long time since I felt truly whole. Even when I was in my last relationship I never really felt whole. I had this false sense of fullness... but it was wholeness. I couldn't even be alone without having a wash of dark thoughts come running in. I never felt fully satisfied. I was missing something, and that something happened to be me. I have spent the past five months clenching my chest at night and screaming into pillows. I have spent my breaks crying in bathroom stalls. I have sat on restaurant bathrooms clenching my chest in sheer panic. But they are over, and even though I know I have some more bumpy days ahead.. I know they are over faster. Through every bad night, I have been slowly finding myself. I've been finding this girl I used to know so well. I have a million people asking me for this advice of how to get over the break up, to get over the pain.. and the truth is there is NO magic answer. One day you just wake up and it hurts a little less. We all fight the 'what if's' and it's so hard to tell yourself to stop the bad thoughts. But they do stop. Suddenly you have these new people come into your life and everything starts to fade away. The best thing I have ever done was move away. I never wanted to move back to Chilliwack in the first place, and leaving again was the very best thing I have ever done to find myself. I have met some amazing people, and I have found myself again. I'm still learning, but I am getting better at this wholesome thing everyday. I don't feel the need to hide anymore. I feel my cheeks burning from smiling, and I have the tummy ache from laughing again. My life is feeling whole again. I feel whole again. I couldn't be more grateful for life granting me the chance to be free again.
Here we are again, old friend. Look at us, back here where we thought we would never be again. Regardless, here we are. Sitting outside alone talking to too many guys, about things we know we don't care about, hoping that they distract--numb us for a little while. But here we are again, silly us, keeping the distant memories of our past ticking like a bomb in the back of our minds, ready to explode without any warning. Yup, here we are again. Back to square one, but this time let's try and make the best of it. You know, as well as me that you're going to be hurting for awhile. But you also know as well as me, that we will get through this. again. again. again. For the millionth time, over the same asshole that put us back inside this tiny box for the very, I repeat, very last time. Let's forget about him cheating on you with your friend. Lets forget about her, and every single memory she came with. Let's start over together. Let's fall in love with ourselv...
Comments
Post a Comment